Owen James COVID-19 Response
Planning, preparation and Owen James’ response to COVID-19.
COVID-19 is at a crucial stage and is a challenge for companies such as ours who organise meetings and events. As we do not know how long the impact will last, we have actioned the below.
- A Meeting of Minds - Bank and Brand Distribution of Retail Financial Services has been postponed to 8 October 2020
- A Meeting of Minds - Winning Advisers North - has been postponed until 8 October
We will make a decision regarding our remaining spring Meeting of Minds in the next couple of weeks.
We are currently running our Business Briefings, as virtual meetings, if you would like more information of how we can keep you in touch with key clients, click here.
We are aware that new information is being made available regularly and circumstances are forever changing. Therefore, will update this page as frequently and reasonably as possible.
If you have any further concerns regarding COVID-19 please visit the NHS website for full information about coronavirus, including answers to common questions.
Advice from Professor David Heymann
Professor of Infectious Disease Epidemiology at LSHTM and Head of the Centre on Global Health Security
At our recent Asset Management event on 5 March, Professor David Heymann joined us as a keynote speaker. As you can imagine our participants had a lot of questions and you can see and hear the expert advice he gave below (please click on the question to be taken to the supporting video).
1. Why are people so worried about COVID-19 when it has a lower mortality rate than flu?
2. Why does a virus kill its hosts?
3. What are the most prudent measures individuals can take to help control the outbreak?
4. Should we expect more pandemics like this in the future?
5. Is mass quarantine the answer?
6. Does heat make a difference?
7. Is Professor Heymann worried about COVID-19?
To see the full keynote presentation please click on the image below.
If you would like any information on any of the above, please email email@example.com