Here at Owen James, we value our people and, as we grow, we believe it is ever more important to maintain the relatively relaxed culture. Lots of treats!
And growing we are. We have a substantial pipeline of work and now need to build out the team even further. We seek well-educated, experienced and ambitious individuals. We might be based in Godalming, but we spend a substantial amount of time in London and ask that all employees be prepared to make the journey at least once a week.
We are looking for a bright, energetic and ambitious person to join the team and take ownership of all the events for the IFA channel.
You will need:
- To be computer literate – advanced in Microsoft Office particularly excel and adobe editing
- Self-motivated – we are a very fast paced company and we are looking for someone who will take the initiative rather than wait for a to-do list
- Well presented and super efficient – as the events manager, you are encouraged to socialise with the delegates at the event alongside the rest of the OJ team. You will need to be comfortable dealing with people at a very senior level, usually whilst drinking a glass of fizz so it’s not all that bad!
- Attentive to detail and a keen multi-tasker
- We are a tight knit company so being a team player is a must
We are interested in people that are looking to grow quickly within a company. We encourage fresh thinking and believe that the sky is the limit!
- Dealing with venues and all operational arrangements
- Monitoring all expenditure and budgets within your community
- Ensuring the event production is consistent with all brand guidelines
- Liaising with Marketing and PR colleagues to promote the event
- Managing all confirmed participants in the run up to the event
- Project managing the delivery of the event
- Setting timelines and ensuring they are adhered to
- Liaising with all contractors associated with the event
- Running the team on the event day
- Producing post-event evaluation and ensuring it is acted upon
- Act as an ambassador for the company at all times
The finer skills required:
- Educated to at least degree level or a minimum of 4 years’ experience within an events role
- Good spoken and written English is essential
- Well organised – ability to adhere to and develop processes to build consistency, efficiency and excellence throughout the business
- Have strong prioritisation skills and the ability to manage multiple workloads
- Project management skills – the ability to work to strict deadlines, prioritising as necessary
- Comfortable on the telephone and in meetings - to be able to communicate confidently and effectively to a wide range of clients, including those at the most senior levels, in an appropriate and sensitive manner, through all forms of communication media
- Owen James has a CRM and content management system. You will be expected to master both systems
- To work unsupervised
- Analytical and organisation skills - to analyse data and market information and to conclude and present report results
Brook House, Mint Street, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1HE (parking available)
Salary and benefits:
- Salary available upon application and based on experience
- We review salaries regularly and readily reward where appropriate
- Holiday allowance is 20 days per annum plus the period between Christmas and New Year depending upon when the holidays fall. For every year of service completed this allowance increases by one day up to a limit of 25 days in total.
For more details about the role, and to submit your CV with a covering letter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org