Here at Owen James, we value our people and, as we grow, we believe it is ever more important to maintain the relatively relaxed culture. Lots of treats!
And growing we are. We have a substantial pipeline of work and now need to build out the team even further. We seek well-educated, experienced and ambitious individuals.
If you are seeking a new and exciting opportunity please send us your latest CV and a cover letter outlining why you’d love to take on the below role and why you’re a great match for what we’re looking for.
1. Content Coordinator
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to be part of an entrepreneurial team with motivated and extremely driven people? Are you passionate about events and the Financial Industry?
A truly exceptional opportunity has arisen for a talented, creative and hardworking individual to join a successful and fast paced content team. This is an ideal role for an ambitious graduate looking to start their career within a company whose mission is to enable financial services to do better business commercially, intelligently and ethically. Owen James has built a reputation for running sophisticated events underpinned by substantial research. This activity is primarily event based, however, there is a heavy emphasis on adding value through consultancy and research.
The role incorporates a mix of research and relationship-building. The post-holder will work supporting the Head of Content to create cutting edge conference programmes and assist with other company content requirements (Research Reports, Post Event Publications etc.).
- Market research: telephone, virtual and face-to-face research, with some desk-based research
- Data analysis and reporting
- Speaker and Facilitator acquisition and management
- Attending events and onsite key stakeholder liaison
- Work closely with the event operations team to ensure operational requirements of the events are met
Attitude, skills and experience
- Analytical skills
- Computer literacy – advanced in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Confident telephone manner and excellent written skills
- Proofreading skills and an eye for detail
- Relationship management skills and a team player
- Knowledge and/or interest of the financial services industry
- The ability to manage multiple stakeholders and work across teams to ensure the success of an event
- Proactive and enthusiastic, with a professional and can-do attitude
- Experience in conducting in-depth desk research, phone and face-to-face interviews to scope out topics (not essential but desirable)
We are interested in people that are looking to grow quickly within a company. We encourage fresh thinking and believe that the sky is the limit!
Salary range and benefits:
- Salary available upon application and based on experience (as a guide we would anticipate paying an events coordinator with 2 years’ experience circa 24K + 1K Bonus)
- We review salaries regularly and readily reward where appropriate
- Holiday allowance is 20 days per annum plus the period between Christmas and New Year depending upon when the holidays fall
- For every year of service completed this allowance increases by one day. up to a limit of 25 days in total
- Contract type: Permanent role, 5 days a week
- Location: We are pretty flexible about where you are based but our head office is based in Godalming and we ask that all employees be prepared to make the journey at least once a month. Plus, it is worth mentioning that we typically run 40 in-person events a year which you are expected to attend (very early start) and the majority of them are based in London, so commutable to London is essential
- Reports to Head of Content
For more details about the role, and to submit your CV with a cover letter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.