Expert: Heinrich Schutze, BlackRock iShares
Facilitator: John Chapman, Owen James Group
Key issues for participants prior to the session:
- Keen to understand what a business partnership is.
- Understand how to develop business partnerships.
- New ideas for potential partners.
Key discussion points during the session:
- Business partnerships can be used for various reasons – asset allocation, assistance on regulatory matters, help with development of new tools and technologies and with cost optimisation.
- The best strategic partners are where each organisation is adding value as a result of the partnership.
- Partnerships that work exceptionally well should make the adviser “Look brilliant in front of their clients”. We discussed examples of FE analytics marketing collateral, Voyant, Truth and Intelligent Office client portals that were all adviser branded and represented the adviser in an exceptional light with the client.
- There is a massive gap for Robo-advice partnerships and particularly those that provide self-service top ups and may be a mix of telephone and Robo advice.
Positive outcome from discussion - although partnerships can be challenging there are providers of outsourced solutions that can make the adviser look brilliant in front of their clients.