Expert: Richard Parkin, Managing Director, Richard Parkin Consulting, Facilitator: Paul Miles, Silverback Consultancy
- Miss-match of regulatory requirements and advice process
- Is the regulator right to say that a firm should offer both accumulation and decumulation investment strategies?
- Delegates said the investment strategies are reviewed throughout life, and it is part of BAU
- Client circumstances constantly change, therefore what is the point of predicting the safety of an investment proposition to a future date, life just isn’t that simple.
- Regulations vs Advice Process
- Reconciliation of changing client objectives with the investment proposition
- Reliance on investment forecasts and market outcomes
- Client suitability requirements
Regulatory rules are not in line with client needs or advice process