Why is it the fastest growing asset class in the world right now?
A very interesting debate on the merits of investing in this new asset class.
Some key benefits of the proposition were discussed:
- Investments covered by FCSC.
- It is a diversification opportunity.
- API is being developed with Intelliflo for ease of data-sharing.
The product is a fixed interest alternative and the participants agreed that it is suitable for two types of clients:
- Investors who want to beat a cash return, including corporate clients.
- Investors who don’t want volatility.
Key issues and challenges:
- Advisers and clients need to understand where the product fits on the risk scale.
Conclusions and solutions:
- Either AKG or a similar organisation to review the product and provide guidance on the risk associated with the product.
- There was an extremely positive feeling that once the product is risk referenced, then there will definitely be a place for it as part of a diversified client portfolio.
Expert: David Beacham and Jake Wombwell-Povey - Goji
Facilitator: John Chapman - Owen James