A MEETING OF MINDS IN A NUTSHELL
The twenty-eighth Meeting of Minds Advisory Distributors took place on 28 November 2019 at The Berkeley Hotel in London. This document seeks to capture the key issues raised in the programme of 15 roundtables which took place on the day.
A Meeting of Minds Advisory Distributors is a strategic forum organised on a biannual basis by Owen James. This was the 28th in the series. It brings together some 60 plus CEOs/Managing Directors - who are responsible for setting the business strategy of their organisations - and CIOs/Heads of Investment - who set the overarching investment strategy for the organisation to work through the key challenges facing their individual businesses and the industry as a whole. Participants enjoy access to strategic insight and networking at the highest level. In addition, three external speakers are invited to provide keynotes which spark debate and encourage fresh and original thinking.
At the core of these Meetings is the series of roundtables addressing the pre-researched and preagreed agenda. These provide an opportunity for open discussion led by an expert on the matter alongside an objective and professional facilitator.
The Roundtable Sessions were moderated by:
• Rod Bryson, Capgemini Invent
• Dave Edwards, Esperto Business Solutions
• Dorian Hughes, Independent Consultant
• Richard Clarke, Independent Consultant
• Colette Dunn, Milliman
• John Chapman, Orion Consultancy Ltd
• Richard Parkin, Richard Parkin Consulting
• Paul Miles, Silverback Consultancy
• Martyn Laverick, Soprano Consulting
We are very grateful for the time and energy they have expended on making A Meeting of Minds Advisory Distributors a success and hope you will consider this report an interesting, thoughtprovoking and accessible read. As ever your feedback is much appreciated.
We would like to thank all our sponsors whose support enables the Meeting to take place. The following groups sponsored and participated in this Meeting and their motivation for taking part is threefold:
- To be, and to be seen as being supportive of the industry;
- To understand the stresses and strains being placed on the industry and, where possible,
respond to them; and
- To talk openly with these business leaders with a view to ensuring that their own businesses
are strategically aligned.