The Beacon Philanthropy Forum 2021
28 Oct 2021
Old Library & Print Room, Guildhall Yard, London, EC2V 5AEView Map
Later this year (fingers crossed), the Beacon Philanthropy and Social Investment Forum will bring together 150 prominent philanthropists and social investors, thought leaders and sector pioneers to discuss how philanthropy and social investment can contribute to the COVID-19 recovery.
The Forum will be held at the Guildhall, London on 28 October 2021 and is sponsored by the City of London's Charitable Funding Arm City Bridge Trust.
Now we are looking forward to discussing progress and important developments that can help us achieve the goal of raising an additional £2 billion each year for social impact from the UK’s wealthy population.
Attendance at the event is by invitation only and to confirm your place, please select the registration button to the top right of this page.
For 2021, the event will run from 9am– 4pm and will include:
- Keynote addresses
- Your choice of roundtable discussions
- Networking with philanthropists, sector leaders, influencers and advisers
The Aims of the event are:
The aim of this year’s Forum is to bring us back together, enabling us to re-engage and re-energise our commitment to giving and social investment. We will consider what recovery means across the charity sector and for social enterprises and how philanthropy and social investment can help shape a future that is better and fairer.
We will be asking:
1. As philanthropists and social investors, what have we learnt from our COVID-19 response?
2. How can we seek out and work with communities to understand and meet new needs?
3. How can we forge partnerships that are wider and deeper and more effective at supporting the whole of civil society?
4. What solutions and new funding mechanisms are emerging to meet the demands of our post-COVID society?
5. How can philanthropy stretch geographically in ways it has never stretched before, nationally and internationally?
6. What is philanthropy’s place in civil society and how do we work with other donors, governments and corporates for systemic change.
We have one opportunity to build back better. This is our chance to reflect, to learn, to share and to make sure philanthropy and social investment are an important pillar in our post-COVID society.
Your opinions are helping to drive change for philanthropy and social investment in the UK and your support is greatly valued. Please join us on 28 October 2021 for this important event.
Event Day Partners: