New for 2023! Retirement Matters - October 2023
17 Oct 2023
Royal College of Physicians
Royal College of Physicians, 11 St Andrews Pl, London NW1 4LEView Map
Wealth is defined by how you live and not what you have - An attractive philosophy but perhaps a tad idealistic.
Over 18% of the UK population is retired. So, one could say that 82% are looking for retirement advice! Well maybe not the toddlers. However over 80% of household wealth is held by the over-45s. Ah therein lies the rub! The Millennials and their younger cohorts need to save but probably have more urgent calls upon their finances such as young families and trying to get onto the housing ladder. Or maybe they just don’t see the point and who can blame them.
In a nutshell, Retirement Matters is a one-day conference considering the retirement ecosystem and the opportunity it offers for increased client satisfaction and business growth.
It will update you on the latest thinking and innovative solutions as well as provide a review of the backdrop – demographic, economic and regulatory. There is much to discuss as all these areas impact the whole country economically and emotionally.
Who will be participating?
The event will bring together key decision makers:
CEOs, Managing Directors, Heads of Strategy, Heads of Retirement and Heads of Investment Proposition who are setting the strategy when it comes to advising your clients on their retirement planning options.
The Benefits of Participating:
As a delegate, you are the senior individual whose role is to set your firm’s business and investment strategy when it comes to addressing the needs of your clients as they approach and enter retirement.
Obviously, the major part of your role will be to ensure that their investments are sound and sufficient – no easy feat in such a volatile world. However, there are other aspects to retirement; healthcare provision, leveraging property wealth, tax (including inheritance provision), longevity, changing demographics, degrees of risk and regulatory oversight etc.
- Strategic engagement - Discuss best practice with your peer group in small focused roundtable groups led by experts
- Access to high level networking
- Hear new thinking and explore the latest trends
- Be inspired by external speakers addressing the bigger picture
- Platform for change - An opportunity to work through the key challenges facing both your business and the industry, with a view to find collective ways of driving change forward
- Bespoke and tailored - Build your own itinerary enabling you to participate in roundtables focusing on those subjects which matter to you.
How does it work?
Retirement Matters runs breakfast through to drinks, and is made up of a blend of:
- Keynote sessions geared to encouraging new thinking – typically from outside of the industry
- Roundtables – small facilitated groups addressing a carefully researched agenda. The whole day is Chatham House and therefore participants are able to speak openly and freely
- Plenty of networking opportunities including a formal seated luncheon.
In summary, your time is precious and our goal is to ensure that if you spend it with us, you spend it in the company of your peers, you address the subjects which matter to you, and all in a time efficient manner.
What does it cost?
- Participation is by invitation only and free of charge
- The event is CPD accredited.
Registering as a participant
Select the button to the top right of this page and for further details please email email@example.com