Mindful of Investing in Retirement - May 2018
15 May 2018
The Royal College of Physicians, LondonView Map
How is the world of retirement investing shaping up?
This will be the fourth iteration of Mindful of Investing in Retirement for Owen James. It is an opportunity for participants to immerse themselves in the most up to date thinking around this key area. Post the pensions freedom legislation which kick started a mini revolution in thinking around saving for retirement, this session will update you on the latest innovative products and solutions addressing the needs of the substantial number of people approaching and already in retirement as well as provide a review of the backdrop - demographic, economic and regulatory.
Subjects up for discussion:
- Political and economic overview - the implications for retirement investments
- An introduction to the Pensions Dashboard
- Life, work and death - the good and the bad news of living longer
- Policy and regulatory update from the FCA
- Why a centralised retirement proposition is a must for switched-on advisers.
- De-risking your lifetime wealth management strategy
- DB - DC - friend or foe?
- Consumer sentiment towards retirement. How should we respond?
- Setting the standards for equity release
- Intergenerational wealth transfer - caring for your clients and a commercially intelligenct move for your business
- The Millenials - the future!
- Annuities - are they still attractive?
- What do other countries do?
The day is:
- A blend of lectures, tutorials and networking
- 200 participants - all financial services professionals involved in retirement
- An opportunity to earn CPD points
- Participation is free of charge
Who should attend?
- You will be one of some 200 key decision makers (including CEOs; Managing Directors; Heads of Strategy; Heads of Retirement; Heads of Investment Proposition) who are setting the strategy when it comes to advising your clients on their retirement planning options.
- Firms being invited include IFAs, private banks, wealth managers, retail banks, high street and on line brands distributing FS products and services as well as the providers, fund managers and service providers focused on addressing the needs of this new world of investing in retirement.
For further details do call Evie Owen on 01483 861334 or email her direct on email@example.com