Job Opportunity - Event Executive
Here at Owen James, we value our people and as we grow and we believe it is ever more important to maintain a relatively relaxed culture.
We have a substantial pipeline of work and now need to build out the team and seek an experienced and ambitious individual.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to be part of an exceptional entrepreneurial team with motivated and extremely driven people? Are you passionate about events, the Financial Industry and building relationships with the people in it? If yes, then Owen James could be just the place for you!
If you are looking for a new and exciting opportunity please send us your latest CV and a cover letter outlining why you’d love to apply for the below role and why you’re a great match for what we’re looking for.
Job vacancy for an Event Executive at Owen James Group – a leading events company serving the financial services sector
We are looking for a bright, energetic and personable Event Executive to join our super friendly event team and support the Event Manager.
- Supporting the Event Manager on a portfolio of in house and bespoke events
- Undertaking administrative duties, including post-event evaluation
- Liaising with suppliers, arranging and overseeing all event details, such as venues, audio and visual, entertainment and branding etc
- Liaising with delegates, sponsors, facilitators and speakers in the run up and at the event to ensure everything is in order
- Supporting with all aspects of event delivery, including building strong relationships with new or existing suppliers
- Maintaining platforms and relevant system up to date such as CRM, microsites, events Apps
- Ensuring the event production is consistent with all brand guidelines
- Communicate clearly with your line manager and ensure that documentation is finally approved before being sent out
- Contributing to Owen James projects (events and ad-hoc) which may require research, negotiation skills, creative thinking and provide new innovative ideas or materials which may be of use to the wider team
- Assist on site checks – scouting and checking new venues
Attitude, skills and experience
- Have an energetic and lively personality, a curious mind eager to learn
- Have a genuine passion for events, able to work under pressure, while remaining calm and focused
- Great attention to detail and a keen multi-tasker
- Self-motivated – we are a very fast paced company and we are looking for someone who will take the initiative rather than wait for a to-do list
- Well-presented and super-efficient – as the Event Executive, you are encouraged to socialise with delegates at the event and will act as an ambassador for the company. You will need to be comfortable dealing with people at a very senior level, usually whilst drinking a glass of fizz, so it’s not all that bad!
- Creative problem solver
- We are a tight knit company so being a team player is essential ‘We are interested in people that are looking to grow quickly within a company. We encourage fresh thinking and believe that the sky is the limit!’
- Well organised – ability to adhere to and develop processes to build consistency, efficiency and excellence throughout the business
- Have strong prioritisation skills and the ability to manage multiple workloads
- Able to communicate clearly and efficiently to a wide range of clients, including those at the most senior levels, in an appropriate and sensitive manner, through all forms of communication media
- Familiar with virtual event platforms, event apps and CRM system is a plus
- Salary available upon application and based on experience (as a guide we would anticipate paying up to £25,000)
- We review salaries regularly and readily reward where appropriate
- Holiday allowance is 20 days per annum plus the period between Christmas and New Year depending upon when the holidays fall.
- For every year of service completed this allowance increases by one day up to a limit of 25 days in total.
- Contract type: Permanent role, 5 days a week.
- Location: We are pretty agnostic about where you are based but you will be expected to work from a London based office alongside our Event Manager, for at least the first two months of employment, for 2 days a week. We have a team based in both Godalming, Surrey and London. We work two days in the office, Monday and Wednesday, and the rest at home. Our head office is located in Godalming, Surrey and we do ask all employees to make the journey at least once a month. Plus, it is worth mentioning, that we typically run 40 in-person events a year which you are expected to attend (very early start) and the majority of them are based in London, so commutable to London is essential.
- Reports to: Event Manager
For more details about the role, and to submit your CV with a cover letter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org