The twentieth Meeting of Minds Winning Advisers took place on Thursday, 8 October as a virtual event. This document summarises the key issues raised in the topics discussed during the roundtables that took place on the day.
A Meeting of Minds Winning Advisers is a biannual strategic forum organised by Owen James. It is an opportunity for some 60 plus owner managers of independently spirited IFA firms to come together with product and service providers keen to engage with them on a strategic level. These Meetings provide a neutral environment where they can examine industry issues, opportunities and develop business strategies to address them.
Participants enjoy access to strategic insight and networking at the highest level. In addition, two external speakers are invited to provide keynotes which spark debate and encourage fresh and original thinking.
At the core of these Meetings is the series of roundtables, all held through Zoom meeting rooms, addressing the pre-researched and pre-agreed agenda. These provide an opportunity for open discussion led by an expert on the matter alongside an objective and professional facilitator.
The Roundtable sessions were facilitated by:
- Dave Edwards, Esperto Business Solutions
- Richard Parkin, Richard Parkin Consulting
- John Chapman, Orion Consultancy Ltd
- Roderic Rennison, Rennison Consulting Ltd
- Martyn Laverick, Phase 2 Consulting
- Matt Weaver, Objectivity
We are very grateful for the time and energy they have expended on making A Meeting of Minds Winning Advisers a success and hope you will consider this report an interesting, thought-provoking and accessible read. As ever, your feedback is much appreciated.
We would also like to thank the independent experts who were part of the sessions for sharing their knowledge and giving us their time and energy both in the run up to this Meeting and on the day.
We would like to thank our sponsors who made the Meeting of Minds possible. The following companies took part and their motivation for doing so is threefold:
- To be, and be seen as being, supportive of the industry;
- To understand the stresses and strains being placed on financial advisery firms and, where possible, respond to them;
- To talk openly with these business leaders with a view to ensuring that their businesses are strategically aligned
Results shown by:
Your value proposition, increasing margins and lowering costs